Friday, March 31, 2006

Things don't always turn out as planned..

Well, most of my week did not turn out how I had planned, but plans are made to be broken or is that rules....
I kept my nephew yesterday like I always do. No big issues maybe just a little sharing and a little pushing. But they have their days. No big fights or injuries so all is well. We did keep some friends of ours little boy overnight so they could go on a date. Elizabeth and Thomas love him. Thomas followed him around all night and Elizabeth wanted him to take a bath with them and she wanted to sleep with him. All went well and this morning his parents, Elizabeth, Thomas & I went to Chik-fil-A. After they watched E & T so I could go to Lowe's and buy paint. I bought some paint for the kids furniture and got one side of E new footboard painted. I think it is going to look real nice.
Tonight a girlfriend and I are going to take our kids to Sesame Street live. We went last year minus Thomas, he wouldn't have understood or lasted that long. But Thomas loves Elmo and all the Sesame Street characters so I think he will have a blast. It was so funny last year because the kids didn't understand why we had to wait for Elmo to come out so I said that he was taking a shower to get ready for the show. Then they had an intermission and the kids were crying and wondering where Elmo was so I said that he had to go potty.
I can't wait to see what happens tonight. Not much else this weekend except I am going to try and finish painting furniture and sometime go visit my great uncle who is in the hospital following surgery to remove cancer from his colon. His son is in town and we don't get to see him ever so I am looking forward to that. I missed his wife though, she had to fly back home. They are both really sweet people.
Well, off to wait for napping children to arise and hold them off until it's time to go to the show.

1 comment:

The Binkley Family said...

Have fun at the show. We thought about taking Zach, but never got around to buying the tickets!

See you Sunday!

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19