Saturday, March 18, 2006

It Comes In Waves

I believe the last time I wrote it was Tuesday and Elizabeth was sick. Well, Wednesday went well. She acted like her old self. Thomas was good. I was good. Cody was good. Thursday morning I woke up just slightly ,like on the very lower reaches of my stomach, nauseated. Elizabeth was slightly clingy, Thomas playful Thomas who was now 2. At about 10:30 Elizabeth wanted me to hold her and she fell asleep (she slept until 2). Thomas wanted to play. I was getting more nauseauous (sp) as the day progressed. I took some phenergen and it made me sleepy, not less naseaous though. By the time Elizabeth woke up I didn't think I could handle it. I would rather throw up than be nauseaous. My mother was working and was having back problems so she couldn't help, my mother-in-law was at the doctor and my father-in-law went to play golf (I could have told him I needed his help but he doesn't get to play golf very often and especially not with his other son Bryce) so I called Cody and just asked if he could come straight home from work. Well, my sweet loving husband took off and came home. He took the kids to the park. I went to bed at 4. I woke up periodically thinking I would get up but would fall back asleep. At 10 I heard Thomas just threw up. I tried but my body would not respond. I finally woke up Friday morning to Thomas crying and grabbing at his throat. He proceeded to try and throw up (it was just phlem). So, Birthday party cancelled. Poor Thomas hasn't got to enjoy his birthday yet. But as the day progressed all was well at the Dye home. Again the power of prayer at work. Instead of having a bug that stayed with us it was gone in about 24 hrs. Laugh if you must but the Word is true. It may not be instantaneous but prayers are answered.
This morning the kids are eating waffles and drinking their juice watching the Backyardigans. I actually like that show too.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

Glad you all are doing better and hope this week is SO much better for you. I wish I could have been here to help. I am looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19