Sunday, March 26, 2006

Party!

Well, Thomas finally had his 2nd birthday party on Saturday and I think it went really well. All adults seemed happy and all the children played & laughed hard (no fights broke out). So I would say it was a success.
You know when I first had kids I had thought that just milestone birthdays we would have family and friends and all others just family. But when you get into parenting you just see that it really can't be that way, especially if you have a lot of friends and you get invited to their birthday parties. The kids really enjoy having and getting to go to these parties. It is like their time and their chance to get to "hang out" with their friends where they aren't in school or church where they don't really get to talk, visit and play. So my views have changed and I think for the better.
I have to brag on my friends and family for a minute. I have the best!!! My family is always there for us. The grandparents are always volunteering to babysit, which is so nice and we are so lucky that both sets of parents live in the same town as us. We are luckier than most. Next, mine & my husbands brother and sisters are such great aunts and uncle. They are always here for us and them and I appreciate and love them so much. And my grandmother is the queen of all queen's when it comes to grandmothers. My maternal grandmother went to live with Jesus when I was a senior in high school and my paternal grandmother always makes sure that her family is taken care of. She spoils me and my kids!!
Our friends, they are so good. I have the sweetest, kindest friends. We enjoy playing with each others children, visiting, and fellowshipping with each other. I will tell you what, friends are friends but when you have friends that you can fellowship with - talk about, praise about and have true discussions of faith in the Lord, those are true friends that you will have forever. And I am soooo blessed!!
Okay, I tried to put new pics of the kids up but it didn't go. So I will post this and then just try and post the pics by themselves.

4 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

We had a WONDERFUL time... so good you saw that Ty was not thrilled to leave! You did great on everything and we really enjoyed it. It seemed like Thomas really did too and that is the most important thing. You do have a wonderful family and I feel honored to have you as a friend. Hope your week starts out well tomorrow!

Lisa Renee said...

Okay I tried to leave a comment on yours and Jennifer's and for some reason they are not showing up! :(
I was wanting to tell you what a wonderful time we had and that I thought the party was a hit! Thomas looked like he really enjoyed himself! You are a wonderful friend and I feel honored to have you in my life :)

Lisa Renee said...

ay I tried to leave a comment on yours and Jennifer's and for some reason they are not showing up! :(
I was wanting to tell you what a wonderful time we had and that I thought the party was a hit! Thomas looked like he really enjoyed himself! You are a wonderful friend and I feel honored to have you in my life :)

The Binkley Family said...

The party was a lot of fun! You threw a great one. Let me tell you, Gary and I are blessed to have you guys as our friends! See you soon!

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19