Saturday, March 11, 2006

I am blessed!

So far my weekend is going well. Cody & I went to the Home & Garden Show. I really enjoy going to it. I have become an avid watcher of HGTV, which worries Cody, so I am always looking at paint, tile...really anything to give me ideas. I love my house, but after 2 yrs have yet to make it a home. It has remnants (wall paper, paint, tile, etc) of the previous owners....so I want to make it mine. The last time I did that we moved within a couple of months..but hey, it helped with the resale value.
I have to laugh at my children. They can just be so funny. We have a new nephew (he is about 3 months old) and Elizabeth & Thomas both talk babytalk to him and coo at him and Thomas just about has a spaz attack, he wants to touch him so bad...but that goes for any babies they see. No we are not having anymore!!! But they are just so cute how they pick up what adults do.
Thomas is definately becoming a little boy...he loves to run around the room in cirlces making noises. Jumping and throwing himself to the ground. He is so passive and sweet most of the time but if you make him mad...you will see the biggest fit ever displayed...there is kicking and screaming involved. Needless to say that does go over well with me or daddy and it doesn't last long...thankfully they are few and far between. Thomas changed his first "baby" diaper this afternoon. He will be such a good daddy.
Elizabeth is growing so much...playing mommy and taking care of Thomas' needs. It is so funny because every once in awhile she will put her baby in her room and shut the door, then comes back and tells me her baby is in trouble for not minding. Elizabeth doesn't get mad, she gets her feelings hurt and becomes a big drama queen. Which doesn't go over well with daddy and me either. Again, thankfully they are few and far between.
But no matter what happens through out the day or night hugs and kisses are always abundant and that makes everything worth while.
I love being a mom. And I have to say, that when God answered my prayer for my husband he gave me more than I even thought possible. I have a Christian man who loves and takes care of his family. He helps with the kids, if I need help around the house, he is my best friend and I am so blessed.
That for sure I know above all else my God is with me all day, everyday and He answers my prayers.

No comments:

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19