Monday, May 01, 2006

What a week

Wednesday I took my grandmother to see my friend who is an audiologist. We have been telling my grandmother for years she needed hearing aids but she would just blow us off. Well, I told her I was making her an appointment and she was going. My friend told her how bad her hearing was and that could get dangerous as far driving goes. I guess seeing it on paper and hearing it from a professional sank in. She got 2 hearing aids and she never once while I was with her that day asked me to repeat what I said. In fact, one of her friends told her a couple of days later "You sure are hearing better today"- she hadn't told them she got hearing aids. So I think she is glad she finally got them. I think she will have more confidence to go do more things - like plays and such.
Wednesday night Elizabeth came into our room, her breathing sounded like a frieght train. We gave her a breathing treatment, gave her some medicine and prayed for her. She got up the next morning with a raspy voice. I went ahead and took her to see her doctor - she was perfectly fine.
Friday Cody was off and since my in-laws were out of town and the lady Reid normally stays with was trying to get packed to go out of town, we watched both Reid and Holt.
Saturday we just hung around the house and played with the kids. We went to Sam's just to look. I went to Kohl's and picked up a few tops and pants. I haven't shopped for myself since last summer. After supper we went to Bahama Bucks for shaved ice. The kids loved it.
Sunday we went to Church, ate lunch at Furr's with some friends and went home and took naps. Cody mowed the lawn. We went back to church, ate supper, went for a walk, bathed the kids and then put them in bed.
Needless to say at about 1:15 Thomas came to my room asking for water. I gave him some and then walked him to his room and he turned around, said "other one" and then walked to my room and got in my bed. We tossed and turned for about 20 minutes - he was wide awake. I tried to rock him, I got in bed with him. Finally I told him it was night night time and he needed to go to sleep and went and got in my bed. He followed me and crawled over me and layed down between Cody and I. At 3:30 he finally was asleep and I put him in his bed. It sounded like there was someone racing on one of the streets by our house and I think that woke him up.
Cody is off today and right now playing golf with his dad and an elder at our church. He rarely gets to play so I am glad he had someone to play with. When he gets back we are going to take the kids to play put put. They love golf too. It will be fun when they get older and we can all go to a real course and play.
If I don't say it enough, I am so blessed for the family and friends I have in my life. I thank God everyday for each and every one of them.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

I think its too cool that you took your grandmother to get her hearing aids. I am sure she is much happier! I am excited to visit with you later today.

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19