Thursday, April 06, 2006

Well it is Thursday morning. I have had my shower and am waiting for the kids to get up. We are leaving for Dallas today. Elizabeth will be staying with my mom. She is really excited. They have 2 labs and she loves it when pappy plays catch with them. Plus, she will be the only child so she will get lots of attention.
Poor thing, she has been complaining that her tummy hurt and since she get constipated very easily we always are asking if she needs to go poopoo. Which had been getting better but her last 2 were really big and hard (sorry!) so since we were going to be out of town I thought we should just get her looked at. Well all I can say is she is really full of it. Her colon is completely full, she has a huge gas bubble in her stomach and is really full of poop. So we have been giving her MOM and a stool softener and will do that for 10 days and see how its going. But we prayed about it so I know she will be fine.
One thing that is so cute and blesses me so much is Elizabeth thinks about people when we pray. Last night she thanked God that Uncle Don was healed by the stripes of Jesus. And she always wants to pray when one of us is sick. It really blesses me to see her have a relationship with God and know to pray at such an early age. I wish I had that when I was her age.
We are going to stay with Cody's cousin in N Richland Hills - we stayed with them when Thomas had his surgery. They are really great people. We see them every year at the family reunion so this will be a nice little pre-reunion.
Oh, by the way we are going to Dallas for a follow-up of Thomas' plastic surgery last year for pstosis of his left eye (droopy eye lid). The lid isn't covering his pupil anymore but his eye doctor feels that it is still a little low. I still have had children & adults ask what is wrong with his eye. It upsets me only that I don't want him to ever feel like there is anything wrong with him. It really isn't as bad as it was. But as a mom you don't want them to ever have insecurities. So I just pray that he doesn't and hope that the surgery he has at about 4 (they will take muscle from his leg and put it into his eyelid) will be perfect and no one will ever know he had a droopy lid.
Well, we are about to leave so write to you later.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

Hope you have a safe trip and that Elizabeth gets to feeling better. See you Sunday!

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19