Saturday, April 08, 2006

We are back!!

We left Thursday morning a little after 10. We dropped a present off at my in-laws for a birthday party we were going to miss. Then we dropped Elizabeth off at my mother's. We made really good time and Thomas did great. He watched Elmo all the way there. He did take a nap from Abilene to almost Weatherford. We left a huge wind storm in Lubbock, caught some rain in Weatherford and lots of wind in Dallas but not dirt with the wind. We were told we hadn't missed anything weather wise while we were gone. Just dirt, wind and cold.
Cody and Larry worked out Friday morning while Karen, Jenna and I took Thomas for a walk to a park in the neighborhood. We ate lunch and Thomas and Cody took a nap while I worked on the 2 lessons for the bible study group I go to.
All went well. The doc said Thomas' eye looked great and to come see him again in a yr. He predicts Thomas' second surgery will be at about 1st grade. I am praying for complete healing with no sign of pstosis. We met the cousins for dinner at PF Chang's Chinese Restaurant. Very good. So much better than buffet. Thomas really had fun with all of them but especially Jenna. He would get her to read to him and if she wasn't around he would always ask where she was and go look for her.
This morning Cody, Thomas and I got ready and went to Cattle Baron's for breakfast. We then went to the Ft Worth Zoo. That was a lot of fun. I took lots of pictures of the animals to show Elizabeth. I think sometime while it is still cool we will bring both of them back to go to the zoo and the botanical gardens. The kids love to walk and look and smell the flowers. I think it would be a lot of fun.
I have to say the trip was really nice too for Cody and I. He listened to Acapella there and back while I listened to Michael W Smith and Carmen and read my BVOV mags. It really lifted me up and encouraged me to increase my time in the word and work harder to walk in love.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. It really meant a lot to us. We love you!

3 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

ow! I am glad all went so well! I AM SO JEALOUS you went to P.F. Changs!!! That was one of our favorite restraunts when we lived there. Yum Yum lettuce wraps baby! I love Ft.Worth. Glad you are back safe and looking forward to seeing you tommorow!

The Binkley Family said...

I am so glad that everything went well! We were going to go the zoo also, but decided it was a little too chilly. Hope you guys have a great week! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

We really loved having you all with us for another (too short) visit. God has blesed you with such sweet children, and we always have fun with the latest game, don't we?! :) Come stay with us whenever you want. We love y'all.

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19