Saturday, July 15, 2006

We're Back!!!

We left last Thursday and stayed in FW and went to the Zoo Friday. That helped so much since our trip was about all together 12 hrs long. When we got to the condos we were surprised to find them not as we thought they would be. They were a little dingy - esp my bathtub which looked like it had never been cleaned - but otherwise it was nice. Each family had their own room and bathroom, we also had a washer and dryer and kitchen, so we really had everything we needed. We left this Thursday and stayed in Arlington this time. We had a friend book us a room on line, let us just say it was in a VERY BAD neighborhood and I think the trains would have kept us up. So we spent a small fortune to stay at another hotel but we got a suite so we all - my family and my inlaws - had beds. We got home last night. It is funny how you never really rest on vacations.
Well, while we were gone my sister had her baby - Jake Brawn, they are going to call him Brawn. He was a 6lbs ? oz and was 21 in long. Praise God he does not have downs and is perfect. This is her 4th and final. I have to compliment my sister, she works 5 days a wk has to drive 20 miles into town everyday, comes home takes care of her kids, cleans, cooks and takes care of dogs, chickens and her family and never asks for help. She works very hard!! We are going to go see the new babe after lunch today.
Also, my step-father has been having chest pains and it moved into his left arm yesterday so he called his dr and they told him to go to the Heart Hospital and have it checked out. Turns out he had 99% blockage to his right coronary artery and have to have a stent put in - Prais God no heart damage.
I am so bad about taking pics that the only ones I got on vacation were of the kids eating spagetti.
I will post some later - the kids are calling me.

4 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Fun Fun! Can't wait to see you!

Alisha Stewart said...

I'm glad you guys are back. You have had a busy summer. Landon keeps asking about Thomas. Hopefully we'll see you at playgroup.

The Binkley Family said...

missing you. glad you had fun. i will call you when we get back, but you are welcome to call me on the cell!

Anonymous said...

Hon - it's so good to know how your vacation went. Just read your blog. Mom

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19