Sunday, July 02, 2006

Dallas

By Wednesday Elizabeth was completely well and we went to our first and the last night of VBS for 2006. Both the kids had a great time. Thursday night we took the kids to stay with Cody's parents so they wouldn't have to get up early Friday. Friday we left with the Flemings for our 2nd annual road trip to see the Rangers and to visit with our dear friends. It was a blast. We always have a good time when the 4 of us get together. What was really funny is we got into the car and started discussing what we wanted for lunch. I asked if they liked Chinese and they said yes and if we had a place in mind. I said PF Chang's and they just looked at us funny because that was the place they wanted to eat. They had heard about it but had never eaten there. Anyway, it was awesome. The Rangers won so that was good. Saturday we woke up and went to the Grapevine mall and did a little shopping before heading home. By the way our hotel bed was awesome!!!!! It cuddled you!! We ate at Paposito's on our way out of town. When we got home we headed straight for the hotel for the last leg of the Dye family reunion. It is always a blast. We visit and play lots of games. Tomorrow (Monday) I need to do what I normally do...laundry and clean the house but this time it will also to get ready for our next road trip.
We decided driving straight to Sam Rayburn would be wayyyy to long, so we will be stopping in Ft Worth and staying with our cuz the Watkins, get up and go to the zoo and then finish the rest of the trip to SR. Cody is very excited to get some days off. He works so hard and not really appreciated for all the work he does. I just want him to be happy. I tell him that always. But we pray and trust the Lord for the wisdom to guide us through to where He wants us to be.
I am sure I will post more pics from our vacation.
I have to say that I am very sad. My friend Jennifer and her husband and son will be moving. I will miss them, but her especially because we are very close and we have a lot in common. She is a beautiful woman on the inside and out. I will miss her but hope to see her often. It's not goodbye it is see you soon!! xoxo

1 comment:

The Binkley Family said...

Miss you too, girl! I hope you guys are having fun. Talk with you soon!

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19