Monday, July 24, 2006

Normalcy?

What a hectic week. We haven't gotten back on our usual schedule since vacation because Shirley's (mother-in-law) younger brother was in town with his wife and kids so we visit with them every night, which is always fun but that meant staying up later than usual and not staying home and doing things I need to do - like unpack. Plus, my sister Juli got put in the hospital - she was having tightness in her chest and she was so swollen from her pregnancy. She went to the ER and was dx with CHF (her resp were 30's - they should be 60's). She is fine now and at home - they are now sayings she had post partum preeclampsia. She will go back for more test in a couple of wks. But like I told her - I have prayed for a complete recovery and she just needs to believe it with me. I also have some of the nicest friends. They are going to be taking some meals to her so that she doesn't have to worry about cooking for a couple of days. She of course felt like they didnt' need to do that. I told her that they were trying to bless her and she just needed to say thank you. It is hard for her to accept help. Some of it I think has do with when she was younger and a single mom she was given help and made to feel guilty for it. Now she NEVER asks for help from anyone. Please keep her in your prayers and thank you for your friendships. I am truly blessed. Praise Jesus for He is the Answer.

3 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

I am believing with you. I wish I had a sister like you! I guess I do in Christ! I hope she is recooping well. She seems like such an incredible person. My heart goes out to her with all she has had to deal with on top of having a new baby. I look forward getting to know her better in the future. I am saying some prayers as well.

The Binkley Family said...

I am glad that your sister is experiencing the kindness of other Sisters! You are a blessing to her, and so many others!

Klamfam said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed last night. Have a good day!

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19