Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

I am so thankful! The Lord is so good, I just have to brag on Him a bit.
Just in my life, I have to say, I am pretty blessed. I won't say it has been perfect but the blessings (from God) out way the curses (from the devil). I have always had a roof over my head and a vehicle to drive and I have never gone hungry. I have always had a job when I needed it. I have the love of family and friends.

I used to be a griper and complainer. I used to look for the bad instead of the good in everything. I always had a better way and was sure to let everyone know it too.
But these last few years I have found contentment. Not from anything I myself have done except that found out how I am supposed to be. How God not only wants but commanded me to be. Walking in Love.

I know some of you have heard it before, I can feel you rolling your eyes. But truly. You have to find it and nurture it with the Word and in prayer. Sure sometimes I fail. But I just ask God to forgive me and start again.
I try to quit focusing on myself and what I want and put myself in other's places. What good does it do to get myself mad because the waitress screwed up my order. Or that the line at the grocery store is long and slow. That gas is $3 a gallon. If it is something I can change then I try to look for that in a manner that is pleasing to God. I can speak nicely to the waitress and let her know that I didn't get what I ordered without being demeaning or sarcastic. I can stand patiently without making loud sighing noises or griping loudly so everyone in line and the cashier can hear me. So I have to stand in line a few more minutes. The line isn't going to move faster, in fact it might make it move slower because my griping is frustrating the cashier. And maybe if I voted or sent a letter to someone in the government I could change laws about gas.

How do we show the world we are not of the world? Don't act like the world!!! When someone is ugly to us bless them with a smile. That will freak them out! That is how we set ourselves apart. We don't have to be doormats but we can be gracious and kind. Didn't Jesus tell us to turn the other cheek. To love our enemies. Remember it is not the person who you have a problem with it is the devil who has a problem with you. He wants us to forget how we are supposed to act and act like he wants us to.
We have so many things to be thankful for. The beauty outside our doors, just look at a sunset or sunrise. Watch an insect walk across the sidewalk or a spider build a web. We woke up in the morning to start a new day.

I have the best husband anyone could ask for. I patiently (almost) waited 7 years for him. He is EVERYTHING I prayed for and so much more. I have 2 beautiful loving sweet children who bless me everyday with just their presence and hugs and kisses. We have a very comfortable life.
I pray everyday for my family, friends, church, ministers of the Gospel, government, Israel and Jerusalem, those who don't know Christ, the sick and the poor. Seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be given unto you.
Being in His presence has shown me what True Love is and how I can walk in it. It is a growing process that will continue until He comes again, but I am loving every minute of it.
I love you all and have a blessed Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Larissa said...

That was a beautiful post!

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19