Sunday, October 29, 2006

Horshoe Bay

We are back!! We left Thursday night to go to Brownwood. We spent the night with the Binkleys. It was so good to see them again and catch up with them. The kids were excited to see Zach.
The Binkleys were gracious enough to keep our kids while we went to Cody's conference on leadership at Horshoe Bay.
It was very beautiful. We played expensive golf on Thursday when we got there. It was double what Cody thought it was going to be, but there is a 24 hr cancellation policy, so...we played. It was fun though. We also played on their 72 par putting course, which is actually a miniture golf course that actually looks and is made like a real golf course. It was really beautiful and it had waterfalls and running streams everywhere. There were flamingos. It was neat.
We watched the TTU & Texas game at the marina restaurant. I have to say that I think it is awesome that Cody McCoy, the quarter back from UT gives all the glory to God regarding is ability to play. That is awesome!!!!
One of the things that I have been able to do at HB that I don't get to do at home is take a long hot soak. It was great!! I also went to get a massage today while waiting on Cody to get out of his meeting. It was pricey for 25 minutes so instead of getting a full massage, I just got a shoulder/neck massage. It was good but definately could have been much longer.
But it was GREAT to see the kids. Elizabeth ran up to me and just hugged. I love it. Thomas when he saw me ran up and gave me a big hug around the legs and then just wanted me to hold him until we left. They had a good time and Jennifer said they were behaved. I was thankful. This was their first time to stay with someone other than relatives.
Much, much thanks and love to the Binkley's for watching and taking care of our kids and just being the wonderul friends they are. We miss them but they are doing so well and their house is beautiful.
Jennifer took pictures of the kids at a pumpkin patch so I will post those when I get them. Sorry, I did not take pics on our trip but will post a postcard pic of the mgc.
It was lots of fun but I am glad to be home. Cody just went to bed, poor guy he is really tired and has to go to work tomorrow.
I will begin again the routine of my life. But you know what, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have my God, my family and my friends - it is all good!

1 comment:

The Binkley Family said...

We were happy to do it for you! Zach enjoyed playing "big brother", and it was so good to see you guys again...told you it was not "good-bye". I will email you those pics right now while I am thinking about it.

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19