Monday, October 02, 2006

Accidents will happen...

Well, we had our first big boo boo - that is one that requires an ER visit. We have had lots of boo boos. Thomas has fallen off the bathroom counter and hit his head on the tile floor, he has banged his head on a coffee table-both in Ruidoso - I hope he won't have a bad experience every time. Elizabeth tripped and fell and hit her elbow which was slightly fractured-that required a doctors visit but there was no blood.
Well, Sunday we were at church and my mom and Brice were watching the kids. They were wrestling around and Elizabeth tripped over Thomas and hit the coffee table. It cut her eybrow open pretty good - I think I saw skull - and bled a great deal. My mother said Elizabeth cried when she saw the blood but when she started to pray for her she stopped crying and settled into her lap.
We left Thomas with my mom and Brice and took Elizabeth to the ER. When we were walking in she said "we prayed and Jesus healed me, so I am okay". We saw the doctor and they cleaned it out real good - again, I think I saw skull - and put some dermabond on it. It should peel off in a couple of days. She did really good!
Prayer works so much. I pray every morning for protection for all my family. There have been times when we could have been hurt really bad and the results were so much less than what they could have been. Elizabeth's cut could have been so much worse, Thomas' falls and run-ins with walls could be concusions, our 180 degree turn on wet road could have been trecherous but it honestly felt like we were in slow motion. Later I thought about how it was the angels guiding our van to safety. My favorite scripture is Psalm 91:
He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Amighty (Whose power no foe can withstand). I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I confidently trust! For then He will deliver you from the snare of the folwer and from the deadly pestilence. Then He will cover you with His pinions (wings) , and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler (one that sheilds and protects). You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day, nor of the pestilence (a contageous or infectious epidemic disease that is virulent and devasting - something that is destructive or pernicious (highly injurious or destructive) that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday. A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you. Only a spectator shall you be (yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High) as you witness the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place, there shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent. For He will give His angels charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways (of obedience and service). They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot agains a stone, you shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot. Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name (has personal knowledge of My mercy, love and kindness-trusts and relies on Me, know I will never forsake him, no never). He shall call upon Me, and I wil answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.

This is what we need to meditate on. These are the words of our Father to His children. He loves us and will protect us. He wants us to be happy - he promises us mercy, love and kindness and long life, if we will just trust and follow Him. Amen!

3 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

I am so glad she is okay. Yes, we can feel the hand of God protecting us at times, can't we?

Lisa Renee said...

Awe man! I am glad she turned out ot be okay! I hate that it happened though! Poor little Elizebeth.

Alisha Stewart said...

You always have such a positive outlook on things. Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm glad Elizebth is ok.
Alisha

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19