Sunday, January 28, 2007

What a week...

On Tuesday I got a call from my mother saying my Uncle Don (my maternal grandmother's brother) was being put on a respirator and that my cousins were coming in. Quite a shock. He was a colon cancer survivor and had just been diagnosed with inoperable bladder cancer. His dr rx'd massive radiation or chemo (I'm not sure). Needless to say the day after treatment he had sores all in his mouth and throat, he was shivering with cold and felt horrible. He even talked with Brice to get funeral arrangements made (I think he just wanted to be prepared for the worst) which happened. The next day he was put on the respirator and Thursday it was taken off about 1:30 pm and his body fought hard until 9:15. I believe he was waiting for his daughter's (Donna) husband (Mike) to get there so she would have him there to lean on. Her brother (Chris) and his wife (Yvonne) were there with him and so was I. It was a real blessing to know he knew the Lord and went home to be with Him, his parent's, wife and sister (my grandmother - mom).
Even though it was not the best of times, we did get to visit a lot with my cousins and remind each other of all the fun times we have had with Don and with each other. We definitely need to do this more often. I might have to arrange a family reunion for us so we won't lose touch. I love my family so very much and I hope they know that.
Well tomorrow I am subbing at BH with the PE and Cody will be home with the kids. Oh yeah, Cody starts back with United on Feb 1st. He is really excited.
More later....

2 comments:

The Binkley Family said...

I am sorry for your loss...I am glad that you were there with your family.

You will have to give us more details on Cody's job!

Lisa Renee said...

I am so sorry about your loss but excited to know he is with The Lord. May God comfort your family and bring you all peace.

On a lighter brighter happier note, it was SO good seeing you today- even if it was breif! Have fun tomorrow and call and fill me in on the wedding!

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19