Wednesday, August 09, 2006

7 Years


Monday, Cody and I have been married 7 years. It is so hard to believe that it has been that long. It has just flown by. There was seven yrs between my divorce and my marriage to Cody and I will tell you those were the most lonely in my life. But I prayed every single day for the Lord to send me my best friend, my soul mate, a Christian man that would love and take care of me. The Lord gave me everything I asked for and more. From our first encounter I knew that Cody was the man God sent for me.
Cody loves the Lord and it shows in his whole attitude and the way he treats others.
He is a wonderful husband. I am bossy. I know that. Some people think that I boss Cody around and that he does everything I tell him to do. It might look that way but it is certainly not. But that is one of the things about Cody that is genuine. He doesn't care if people think that because he knows the truth. He will even joke around that I am the boss - but believe me he knows when to put me in my place.
He is a hard worker and loves people. At work, his main priority is the health and wellfare of his patients. If he gets paged and we are in the middle of something, he could tell them that he is busy and they will have to wait, but he stops what he is doing and heads right over to the pharmacy. He works 4 days a week and his on call everyweekend and week night - even if he is off that day. He gets maybe one weekend off that he is not on call. But he loves what he does it is in his heart.
He is the best dad. I might be irritated at the certain ways he does things - which I find most wives/mothers have about their husband/fathers - such as when they are off they want to be off from everything. But those are minor and really just a selfishness that I need to work on. He is the best dad. He plays with the kids, watches movies over and over with the kids, reads them the same book over and over again (within an hours span). He plays with them in the pool and at the park. Just very attentive but firm. He helps me every night to bathe them and put them to bed. He is definately more patient than I am (I think some days it has to do with the hours I spend with them). We laugh together about things they say or do that we find funny or odd even. He is the best dad I have ever seen. He will be a great example for Elizabeth in what to look for in a husband and for Thomas in how to be a husband. He puts us first always - even if he would rather be playing golf he will stay home with us - because he knows that we need time with him even if it is just sit around the house and hang out.
The Lord answers prayers and I have proof of that. He gave me more than I could have hoped for and everything I needed in a husband. I thank Him everyday for Cody.
Thank you for 7 wonderful years and many more until we are forever in the presence of our Lord.

4 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Happy Anniversary! So thrilled for both of you to have found each other and have the beautiful family that you do. You both are an inspiration to all who know you. Love you guys!

Alisha Stewart said...

What a sweet blog. I hope that Cody got a chance to read it. It amazes me how God knows just what we need and always provides it. Sometimes we have to wait a little while, but our patience always pays off in the end. You two are such a sweet couple. Happy Anniversary!

The Binkley Family said...

You? Bossy? :)

Happy Anniversary. That was beautifully written!

Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

Chet and I could not have picked a better daughter-in-law. Both of you are wonderful parents to our beautiful grandchildren. We both hope that you have a wonderful life together as Chet and I both have had. We love you both

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19