Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving

I am thankful for my God. I am thankful that my God sent His Son Jesus. I am thankful for Jesus' sacrifice for my salvation and so I could have life more abundantly. I am thankful for my husband, who loves me unconditionally. I am thankful for my beautiful children who give me a glimpse of the love that God has for us. I am thankful for all of my family who God picked especially for me. I am thankful for all my friends who the Lord put in my life. I am thankful that I have always had food in my belly, a roof over my head and seed to sow. I am thankful for the stars in the sky, the moon and the sun, the flowers, the grass and trees. For the birds and the bees. I know it may sounds contrived. But the fact is that I have been reflecting a lot this past year. He has drawn me closer to Him and my desire to know Him and what He wants for us. Can you imagine that He is acutely aware of every single thing, idea, thought, desire and need that we have and not just us but even the smallest creature that He Himself created. How can you not be thankful. The sad thing is that He has so much for us but some are not willing to accept it or acknowledge the truth of it.
I thank God for you everyday and pray blessing upon you and your families in the name of Jesus. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving full of love and thankfulness.

1 comment:

Lisa Renee said...

I love reading your inspiring words. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and are so blessed in so many ways. You are a blessing to me :)

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all." Psalm 34:19